What treatment and services are not usually included in my policy?
It all depends on your policy, but in general the following are not covered:
- Treatment for conditions indicated on the certificate of coverage,
- Treatment received in detox, anti-aging and weight loss centers,
- Stays in rest homes, nutrition centers, convalescence homes, spas, treatment related to cosmetic surgery not resulting from an accident,
- Medical treatment for which the insured member did not request prior approval, or for which prior approval was not granted by the insurer,
- Hospital stays related to psychiatric disorders beyond a certain number consecutive day of hospitalization,
- Treatment for mental disorders (nervous or mental conditions, psychoanalysis and/or psychotherapy),
- Treatment not reimbursed by social security systems at home except otherwise specified in the chosen options,
- Treatment started before the start date of coverage or after coverage end date.
Make sure you read the general terms and conditions of your policy carefully so that you are fully aware of the treatments and services that are not included before you leave.
What zone does my country of expatriation fall into?
Healthcare costs vary from one country to another. To offer you the best quality/price ratio wherever you are, we organize our products and services according to five geographic zones.
ZONE 1: all countries (including France) not listed in zones 2 to 5
ZONE 2: Aland Islands, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bouvet Island, Bulgaria, Caribbean Countries, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic (The), Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican Republic (The), Ecuador, Faroe Islands, Finland, French Southern and Antarctic Lands, Georgia, Germany, Greenland, Guatemala, Hungary, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Mozambique, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Thailand, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam
ZONE 3: Australia, Austria, Canada, Cocos Island, Cook Islands, Christmas Island, French Polynesia, Greece, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Marshall Islands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, San Marino, Spain, Taiwan, The Holy See, Tokelau, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna
ZONE 4: Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Bahamas (The), Bermuda, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Caiman island, China, Falkland Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Isle of Man, Jersey, Montserrat, Pitcairn islands, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Saint Martin, Singapore, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Switzerland, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom
ZONE 5: USA, Northern Mariana Islands, United States Minor Outlying Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa
You can use our online quotation tool to find the best health insurance plan for you. N.B: these zones do not apply to the Start'Expat plan, for which the geographic zones are divided as follows:
ZONE A: all countries excluding USA
ZONE B: all countries including USA